Need a creative idea for a fun, exciting, outdoor date in San Diego? Mission Bay Aquatic Center is a great place for a date whether it’s a first, second, or hundredth date. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day we’ve come up with some awesome ideas to inspire your creativity.
1. Moonlight PaddleLooking for a unique night-time adventure? Plan a fun-filled evening exploring Mission Bay on a stand up paddleboard or kayak. Being on the glassy water at night under the stars is a formula for an unforgettable date. Our Moonlight Kayaking excursion is a leisurely tour of Mission Bay while our Moonlight Stand Up Paddling outing is similar, but recommended for those already comfortable paddling a board.
2. Paddle to Brunch Rent a paddleboard and head over to Paradise Point’s Barefoot Bar & Grill for an amazing brunch on the water. Breakfast selections include a variety of eggs benedict, banana chocolate french toast, and classic omelets while lunch options include burgers, flatbreads, and sandwiches. Then you can alleviate your guilt about indulging on your paddle back to MBAC.
3. Morning Wakeboard or WakesurfCheck out our morning wakeboarding and wakesurfing one-day sessions where you will ride behind one of our 2015 Super Air Nautique 210’s for some bonding time together on the bay. We keep these classes to a maximum of 4 people per boat to ensure plenty of riding time. Whether you want to improve your wakeboarding skills or give wakesurfing a try for the first time, our Freeride one-day session is designed for riders of all levels.
4. Learn to Surf Learning to surf can be a fun new adventure to embark on together and can be something you might enjoy doing together for a lifetime. Depending on how much time you want to commit we have one, two, or four-day surfing classes that will get you started on the basics and have you up on a wave in no time.
5. Tandem KayakOh the curse of the tandem kayak. This can be the true test of your relationship as you try to get from point A to point B with synchronized paddle strokes. Also a great way to test your compatibility with your date. We’ve seen it work out both ways. Either way the double kayak makes for a fun vessel to cruise around Mission Bay.
No activity at MBAC would be complete without making a stop at The Olive Café before or after your class or adventure. Whether you need a caffeine pick me up or some post-workout fuel, this quaint café has it all. Our staff favorites include their Breakfast Quesadilla, Neighbor Dave’s Turkey Melt, and any variety of their delicious pancakes. A great way to follow up your adventure on the water for some quiet time one-on-one.